Top Employers Scotland Awards
Working Families in partnership with the Scottish Government, Parenting Across Scotland, Fathers Network Scotland and Carers Scotland are proud to introduce the Top Employers Scotland Award designed to promote a Family Friendly Scotland in the field of employment.
We wish to:
- Enable more employers in Scotland to benefit from the business gains which come from employees being able to balance their work and home responsibilities
- Recognise and enhance employers’ family friendly working practices
- Create a more sustainable and profitable culture of working in Scotland
The Top Employers Scotland Awards
These awards seek to identify progressive employers who recognise and leverage the powerful links between flexibility and agile working, emotional engagement, wellbeing, and high-performance.
They are your chance to tell us about what you do to develop and support flexible and family-friendly working in your organisation. The Top Employers Scotland Award winners will be chosen by our panel of expert judges and winning an award is recognition of best practice, innovation and sustainability in each of the six categories, and marks your organisation out as a leader in the field.
It’s free to enter the Top Employers Scotland Award and the winners will be announced at an Awards ceremony in Edinburgh in March 2015.
For 2015 the Top Employers Scotland Award categories are:
Best large public sector employer
Best large private sector employer
Best small employer
The Fathers Network Scotland best for all stages of fatherhood award
The Parenting Across Scotland best for childcare award
The Carers Scotland best for carers and eldercare award
What is a Scottish Employer: eligibility criteria
- You must have a workforce in Scotland
- The policies and initiatives you put forward must apply to your workforce in Scotland
- The definition of whether you are a large or small employer will be based on your total workforce. If you are a UK wide employer we will use your total workforce to determine your size, not just the size of your Scottish workforce.
Definitions of size: a large employer employs over 250 people. A small employer employs up to 250 people.
If you have any questions about the Scottish Awards, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Register Now for the Top Employers for Working Families Scotland Awards